There is news!
Dear readers, I’m pleased to inform you that Fiction O’Clock has been nominated for… wait for it… The Liebster Award! Woohoo!!
Before we go further, I’d like to thank Tamekia over at UniquelyMeme for making my day. Bear hugs, Tamekia!
Nominated by UniquelyMeme
So what does the award signify? The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers to welcome them into the blogosphere. And to introduce people to new, amazing bloggers. So exciting!
There are few rules to be followed once you get nominated. They include:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Nominate 5, 11 or 20 other blogs with less than 500 followers.
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
Now, to answer the questions asked by Tamekia to those nominated by her,
1. Why do you blog?
A blog to me is where I can pour my heart out. I blog for peace and I blog to let my creativity and my imagination breathe. I blog to get to know people, to see what and how they think; to understand the world and to, through that, understand myself.
2. What is the weirdest thing you have ever done?
This is the question I answered last because its the hardest. The weird stuff you do doesn’t really come to you in a moment’s notice, does it? Hmm… *strokes chin* Weee-i-rr-d… Does duck-dancing in public, count?
3. What is your favourite colour and why?
My favourite colour will be Blue, especially Prussian Blue. This colour makes me dream. It is deep and yet so liberating, so serene. It takes me in… absorbs me. I can keep looking at this colour and never get bored. It gives form to my thoughts. Who knew a colour could do that to you!
4. How did you come up with the title for your blog?
Originally, the title of this blog was ‘The White Marigold’ but that name misled people into believing that this blog was about gardening and so after much deliberation, I zeroed-in on another name – ‘Fiction O’Clock’. I wanted a title which justified the purpose of this blog while also attracting readers. This title suits my blog because this is where I share my creative pieces which are mostly fiction. So you know that when it is Fiction O’Clock, you have to head to this blog and make good of that time reading fiction!
5. What is your favourite blog?
My favourite blog will be Live, Nerd, Repeat
. I don’t think I have ever read its posts without at least a giggle since the day I’ve been following it around.
Oh, I’ll be following you till the end of time, Live, Nerd, Repeat
! Err. That was supposed to stay in my head.
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Anywhere! The world is a beautiful, beautiful place. And picking one out of such vast an entity will mean turning a blind eye to the beauty of the rest, which is unfair, right? So, I’ll go anywhere you take me. I’ll gift you brownies if you take me some place near water, though.
7. What is your dream job?
A travel show host. Simply because they live my dream, which is travelling and tasting.
8. What would happen on the perfect day?
Aha! I have thought about this. My (almost) perfect day would be something like the following:
The Laid-Back Day: Wake up at 4.30 when its still cool, dark & serenely silent outside, put on your shoes, and jog/walk on the beach by the water. Then sit on the coast & watch the sun rise… Once the sun is up and shining, notice the changes around you – the increasing noise of the traffic, the heat. Absorb it. Introspect. Look within. Smile. Get up, go home, freshen up. Have breakfast with a good friend, someone who knows you inside-out. Then go home, pick up your bike & roam all around the city, stopping to check out whatever catches your fancy. Have lunch at a book cafe. And then back to home for a power nap. In the evening, get up, fix coffee, get in touch with someone or blog or unwind with music – lighten up. Bring home a movie DVD & watch it alone or invite company. Have dinner together & call it a day.
The Buzzing-with-Activity Day: Get up early morning, go for a long jog, come back, have a cold coffee followed by a cold shower, then go to the beach/sports activity centre/a good library/a book fair with enough money/a karaoke club/to a theatre to catch a play/a painting exhibition/painting classes/a water park with a dozen water slides/a trip into the country with a good, good camera or just to some place with a view of the sea with a diary, a bookmark and a fountain pen.
9. Favourite music artist?
I don’t really have a favourite music artist. I listen to whatever sounds good and makes sense.
10. What is your middle name? Do you like it?
I don’t have a middle name.
11. Random fact about yourself?
I was born with eleven fingers. But it was removed almost immediately after that. So the maximum I can count up to, on my fingertips, is ten. What a pity!
Whew! That is one phase, passed. Now it is time to spread smiles! The following are the blogs I’ve nominated. If you’ve not been nominated, it is probably because you had sooo many followers. So, you too have reason to smile. *Say Cheeese!*
i am wanderful
– Life is boring if you don’t wander, get lost, and feel the ebullience of finding a way out.
– Because the world is too big a place to discover alone.
Okay nominees, had your cup of coffee? Are you thinking clearly? Ready to roll? Are your pens (or fingers) ready to scribble (or type)? Did you take a shower this morning? Are you feeling it? Had breakfast? Are you- Okay, you get it.
Ready? Set? Answer!
1. How do you beat writer’s block?
2. What made you go, “A need to start a blog, NOW!”?
3. What kind of blogs do you enjoy reading the most?
4. What are the five things you absolutely cannot live without? (No points for writing food, water, shelter and the like.)
5. What gives you hope?
6. What is the one thing you really want to do but think don’t have enough courage to?
7. Use one word to describe yourself.
8. If this were your last day on the planet, what would you do?
9. What according to you makes your blog stand out? Anything you want to change about it?
10. What gets those creative juices flowing?
11. Would you rather be the spectator than the spectacle?
So now you have new blogs to read, a few questions to answer, and your favourite blogs to honour. Well, what are you waiting for? Lets get going!